Bomad Mz Limited, an FMCG company located in Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Officer
- We are are in search of a capable person to work with us as a financial officer/clerk.
- The finance officer is responsible for financial planning and record keeping of all relevant journals, ledgers and accounts.
- The finance department works directly with the managing director
- Maintenance of the growth targets and goals within the company.
- Reconciliation of debt, sales and trial balances
- Analysis of financial risks.
- S/he is responsible for the management of overheads and cost of production to help the company optimize profit
- S/he will work with the management to prepare monthly and annual budgets and to make some financial decisions
- Maintenance of all accounting journals for external auditing
- Works with the sales department to determine item pricing in parity with market prices
- Work with banks statements and account officers to understand government regulations and policies
Core Skills and Competencies
- Must have book keeping and financial accounting skills as well problem solving skills are necessary.
- Time management and effective communication
- Ability to work in teams and explain accounting decisions to members of management
- Applicants must possess Degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance or Business management.
- Possession of a higher degree or certification course such as ICAN or ACCA as well as a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is an advantage.
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
- We are are in search of a capable person to work with us as a human resource assistant.
- The human resource assistant provides administrative support to the Human Resources Director on all organisation’s staff/personnel matters and assists with payroll processing.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Conducts benefits enrollment for new employees.
- Updates HR spreadsheet with employee change requests and processes paperwork.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Schedules conferences by reserving facilities at local hotels and/or restaurants.
- Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence.
- Prepares new employee files.
- Processes mail.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review forms.
- Assists HR Director with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process.
- Assists with the various employee discount coupons by contacting companies for coupons as directed by HR Manager.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by HR Manager.
Skills, Qualification and Competencies
- To perform the job successfully, interested individuals should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- A Degree in Human Resource Management, experience in the HR sector and strong computer literacy is an advantage for this role but not a requirement.
- Interpersonal Skills – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Quality control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Applicants must be resident in Lagos.
- Questions as regards the job application should be directed to the email address provided above.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letter to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 30th March, 2017.